As a frequent bus rider, I don’t know how I ever lived without the transit directions in Google Maps.
I’ve discovered an even easier way to access bus schedules from my Android phone. I simply created shortcuts to transit directions for my favorite destinations (like work, home). This means that if I’m running late at work and miss my usual bus, I can just click the shortcut to see the next 3 buses. It doesn’t matter where I am, clicking the shortcut gets me home!
How to create a shortcut to transit directions:
- Go to your Apps (on my phone, I click the round icon on the bottom middle of my home screen)
- Along the top, click Widgets
- Flip through your widgets until you find the one called Directions & Navigation. Press and hold to drop it onto your home screen.
- Add your home or work address (or anywhere else you like to go a lot). Don’t forget to choose transit (click on the bus image).
- Remember to put a screen lock on your phone. It’s good for many reasons, but especially important if someone could steal your bag with keys and easy directions to your home
One thought on “How To: Add a Public Transit Shortcut to Your Android”
Great instructions! So helpful for those of us using public transit.