I’m lucky to live two miles from a Price Rite. Price Rite is so magically inexpensive, I always feel like I’m going overboard and the bill is rarely over $20. To keep prices down, the store has simple shelving, limited brands, no free grocery bags (I prefer to bring reusable bags anyway).
Here’s what I bought today, which combined with our pantry and freezer, will be the basis of many meals for two:
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- 4 cubanel peppers
- 2 jalapenos
- 6 limes
- 1 lb dried great northern beans
- 1 lb dried chick peas
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 lb white rice
- 1 package 6″ flour tortillas
- 1 package 8″ flour tortillas
and the total was… $14.86
What are your favorite places to shop when you’re on a budget?