I have a lot to say about all the great food I ate over the holidays. But I also have a lot to look forward to in the beginning of 2009, and I can’t help sharing.
1. Night of the Barrels @ Extreme Beer Fest (via Beer Advocate) – I bought my boyfriend and I tickets to this as a Christmas present. I’m happy about my timing, they’re sold out already! 50+ wood-aged beers will be there for the tasting.
2. A 3-session sewing class. I know the basics but would love learn some tricks, and how to care for my machine.
3. A 2-session Veggie gardening planning class – I can’t wait to get a jumpstart on the garden.
4. Making ice cream – Jeremy got me an ice cream maker for Christmas, and I made key lime pie sherbert last night. Maybe this year I will have that ice cream social I threatened to have last year.
5. A winter weekend – last year we went to Maine in February and it was cold, but great. This year I would love to see some maple sugaring.
6. A spring getaway – somewhere warm but not too far away.
7. Using my restaurant gift certificates – I just got $230 in restaurant gift certificates for $25, thanks to a deal through Borders Perks & restaurant.com. We’ve been trying to stay on budget and cook at home, so this should give us an excuse to venture out more often.
8. Putting local events on my calendar -There’s always so much going on, and we all need an excuse to leave the house in the winter.
9. Watching Netflix on demand – I hook my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable, and have 12,000 movies at my fingertips. I find this much more worthwhile than a cable subscription.
10. Knitting during lunch – my coworkers have a 1x a week knitting group. Maybe I’ll attempt my first sweater?
11. Walking to work – this will be so great once it’s not a skating rink out there. Yesterday, I took the bus. Yuck.
12. Cast iron – my parents gave us a griddle and large cast iron skillet. Time to cook up that thick bacon that’s been waiting patiently in the freezer!