This improvised salad turned out to be my favorite of the summer…so far. We had a little bit of delicious Castelmagno cheese left from our last visit to Persimmon Provisions and it was perfect on this salad, but it would have been great without cheese too.
Recipe: Lemony Arugula / Shaved Zucchini Salad
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups (packed) arugula
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup capers, drained (or less, to taste)
- 1 oz salty aged cheese, crumbled or shaved (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, and sugar until well combined. Taste and add more sugar if it is too acidic. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while whisking. You can always use more oil, too, if you’re in the mood.
- Add arugula to the bowl and, with your hands, mix and massage the dressing into it.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the entire zucchini into long ribbons (you can just do it over the bowl – it’s going in there anyway).
- Add capers and toss to combine.
- Divide into bowls and top with cheese, if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2